Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What I'm Thankful For


I have so much to be thankful for.

I have fantastic friends and family, food on my table and a roof over my head.

I am thankful for the kindness of strangers and the beauty of nature.

But most of all, I am thankful for my dogs.

I am thankful for a wake-up call with a cold, wet nose and for snuggling to keep me warm on chilly nights.

I am blessed by the fur that is permanently embedded in everything I own and the stray dog hairs that make their way into my lunch.

I am grateful for the tails that never stop wagging and the noses that never stop sniffing.

I am grateful for the eyes that stare longingly at my dinner plate when I eat dinner.

I'm reminded that a nail trim is due when I hear the click clack sound of paws on the floor and appreciate the forgiveness that is given after the dreaded task is done

I appreciate the barking that tells me a stranger is at the door or of the potential danger from squirrels and pedestrians

How could I forget the games of fetch, tug-o-war, sloppy kisses and feet that smell like Fritos?

I am grateful they come when called and stay where told.

I love how excited they are when I come in the house, even if I’ve only been gone for a moment.

I am in awe of their affection and unconditional love, no matter the kind of day I’ve had.

To the greatest dogs a girl could ask for…..Thank you!!

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment